Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tank Top Dress


I got inspired after seeing a dress at Gymboree and just had to make on like it.  I got the dress made and then as I kept looking at it I decided it was missing something.  Ah just the thing! Flowers around the neck using the left over t-shirt material.  See how boring the dress looked before.  ------>




 Using the bottom of the shirt I cut 1 inch strips. Used a gathering stich and then pulled to gather the fabric.


I rolled the fabric around, see already looking like a flower.
This is what it looks like from the back

Then sew together on the bottom 
I sewed it on tight.


I made one big flower and then 3 smaller ones for the sides.

This is a very easy dress to make.  I bought a tank top and 1 1/2 yards of fabric for the skirt.  Basically you hem the top of the skirt and then gather it and leave it on the outside.  I can't wait to make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment